Monday, January 4, 2010

I won a major award!




Geof, of Enter The Man Cave fame, gave me a very manly-looking Kreativ Blogger award. Thanks Geof! I visit the man cave pretty regularly because there's always something funny going on. Plus Geof and I have the same name, only he spells it weird. J/K! This award kind of reminds me of Family Feud. I don’t usually do the whole award thing because I don’t get very personal on this blog. I’m going to participate this time though, because I'm pretty excited that someone likes what I have to say. Also, part of the award requires me to share some interesting facts about myself. I thought this would be a good opportunity for you folks to get to know the good indoorsman a little better.

The Rules Which MUST Be Followed (Unless you are me who gets to change the rules cuz that's how I roll. I’m changing the rules because I can’t think of more than 5 interesting facts about myself. So the magic number is 5.)

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated

The Facts:
1) I love Audrey Hepburn and pretty much anything she’s in. This requires me to watch a lot of girly movies, but I don’t care. Breakfast at Tiffany’s is awesome.
2) I’m a vegetarian and have been for 3 years. I went from eating a Wendy’s double-cheeseburger twice a day in college to an herbivore overnight. It’s seriously the best thing you can do for your health, the planet, and all those little unhappy animals.
3) I recently started painting wall-murals. I’m trying to make it a business, but it’s slow-going. You can see my portfolio here… Fun fact - the 'owl and tree' painting is at my house!
4) I married my wife on 07-07-07. We drank seven-and-sevens at the reception.
5) We are foster parents to an 8 month old baby boy. He came to us when he was about 3 months old and completely changed our life. We hope to adopt him soon.

The nominees:
Life as a G – This is my wife’s page. That may seem a little biased but she does have interesting things to say and she’s quite funny. That’s why I like her. She’s been through a lot lately so I think she deserves an award. Today is also her birthday. So, stop by her page and wish her a happy one. Happy birthday hunny!
The Dick and Bo Show – My friend and his associate have a sports podcast you can find on iTunes. This is their companion blog. He hasn’t posted in a long time so this is my attempt to get him back in the habit. They have a lot of knowledge to share and a pretty hilarious perspective. Plus he won our fantasy league two years in a row so he knows what he’s doing.
The Horror Digest – I’m always amazed by bloggers that post more than once a month. Andre at Horror Digest manages to post way more than once a day. I don’t know how she does it, but her reviews are well-planned, detailed and hilarious. She wrote an entire post about the mannequins in Dawn of the Dead, with pictures and everything. Pretty funny stuff.
He Shot Cyrus – I read El Gringo’s blog pretty regularly. He writes a lot of great movie reviews but also reviews movie posters, which are pretty interesting. He's also a photoshop wizard.
The Horror Effect – Geof gave Becky at The Horror Effect an honorable mention for this award, but I’m gonna go ahead and give it to her. She really knows her horror movies. I haven’t even heard of half of them, but her reviews are good reads. She even dedicates entire months to reviewing movies and all their sequels, like her November reviews of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Now that’s a commitment to blogging.

4 comments:

Andre said...

Wait is this one of those if I'm nominated I have to nominate people or that's only something you do because you won???? I'm so confused help!! But I'm so flattered! Thank you : )

JLG said...

Yep - all "nominees" are winners, so you can do the same thing on your blog, if you'd like!

B-Movie Becky said...

JLG, Thanks!!! I'm flattered by everything you said. I really enjoyed learning more about you. Those murals are adorable!

T said...

Aww...thanks hunny, but I already knew all your interesting facts :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...